Your brunch guests will love these crepes, which are made with the rich banana custard and real cream whipped topping from our Banana Cream Pie . Who says you can't eat dessert first?
What You’ll Need
- 1 pkg (38 oz each) Marie Callender’s® Banana Cream Pie (thawed according to package directions)
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- PAM® cooking spray
- Sliced banana
- Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping
- Medium skillet
- Medium bowl
- Large bowl
- Blend half of a Marie Callender’s® Banana Cream Pie (crust and filling) in medium bowl until smooth. Set aside the banana crepe filling.
- In second bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter and flour until smooth. Stir in chocolate syrup.
- Spray 10-inch skillet generously with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Pour 3 tablespoons batter in skillet; immediately tilt skillet to evenly cover bottom with batter. Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, turning once. Remove crepe from skillet and place on flat work surface. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Spread each crepe with 2 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread; top with 3 tablespoons of pie mixture.
- Carefully roll up or fold into quarters, top Banana Pie Crepes with fresh bananas and Reddi-wip.
Time Saving Tip
Use pre-packaged crepes that are available in your local grocery store.
Spring Decorating Idea
Top banana cream crepes with a few strawberry roses. To make, start at the bottom of each strawberry and cut rows of “petals.” Bend each petal so that it curls out slightly.