A dessert mash-up to PIE for! Made with real cream this coconut cream pie deliciously sweet!
What You’ll Need:
- Marie Callender's® Coconut Cream Pie (thawed according to package directions)
- 1 (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- Small bowl
How To Make Chocolate Coconut Cronuts:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from package; press seams together to create a rectangle of dough. Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 8 circles. Then, using a 1-inch cutter, cut out circles in the middle of each of the larger circles.
- Place cronuts on parchment paper; bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, blend 1/4 of the Marie Callender’s Coconut Cream Pie (crust and filling) until smooth.
- Cut the cronuts in half and fill with pie mixture; replace tops.
- Place morsels in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 20 seconds; stir. Microwave on HIGH 20 seconds more or until softened; stir until mixture is melted completely. Spoon melted chocolate over tops of cronuts; top with sprinkles.
Spring Decorating Idea
Instead of topping with a chocolate glaze, use white chocolate colored with food coloring. Then add a nest of coconut to the top of the chocolate cronut, and line with chocolate eggs.