Our Chocolate Satin Pie is the secret ingredient in this fun & easy dessert mash-up.
What You’ll Need:
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 1 (17.3-oz.) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pkg (28 oz each) Marie Callender's® Chocolate Satin Pie (thawed according to package directions)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- Pastry bag/pastry tip
- Skewer (or toothpick)
- Small bowl
Baked Chocolate Pie Churros Recipe Directions:
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; spray with baking spray. Unfold and cut puff pastry sheets in half lengthwise, and cut each half crosswise into 1-inch strips. Place strips on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar and cinnamon. Remove pastry strips from oven; brush with butter and roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Let stand on a wire rack 5 minutes or until cooled completely.
- In a small bowl blend 3 pieces of Marie Callender’s® Chocolate Satin Pie until smooth (crust and filling).
- Using a skewer, carve a hole from end to end through the center of each churro.
- Fill pastry bag with pastry tip; add pie mixture. Snip corner of bag, to create a homemade piping bag. Pipe filling mixture into each end of churro.
Spring Decorating Idea
Dip the end of each churro in white chocolate and sprinkles. Serve in a clear vase with sprinkles at bottom.